Chiropractic care suits very well with women because of the many situations they are in that require a safe, gentle and effective form of healthcare only chiropractic care can offer. Today’s women are more conscious about nutrition, diet, weight loss, physical fitness and sports and ways to maintain general fitness and wellness, about which they can learn a lot from chiropractic care. Women have special needs on pregnancy, being new mothers, having chlidren, losing weight, being in stressful situations, health conditions afflicting predominantly women, hormonal and menstrual issues, bone problems and degenerative diseases.
Special Needs of Women and Chiropractic Care
Women face many specific health challenges that affect them. Some of these challenges are unique to women and are brought about by the female anatomical and physiological features. Chiropractic care has demonstrated great relief with these health challenges. They include:
- Pregnancy. Being pregnant, preparing for and recovering from childbirth are uniquely female issues that chiropractic helps address. These female processes can be facilitated and made less painful by means of chiropractic treatments particularly back adjustments.
- Pain during menstrual period and other menstrual issues. Dysmenorrhea or pain during a woman’s period, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), chronic pelvic pain and amenorrhea or absence of menses, are distressing conditions which greatly disrupt the otherwise normal and healthy way of life of many women. Pain from menstrual cycle and chronic pelvic pain respond well to chiropractic care. The typical chiropractic method used is the diversified technique where misaligned vertebrae are manually readjusted.
- Diseases from aging. Two of the most common conditions in women that develop as a result of getting old are Alzheimer’s disease and osteoporosis. Alzheimer’s disease is the near-total loss of memory and reduced functioning of the brain in an afflicted person. In osteoporosis, the person’s bones weaken, become brittle and porous, resulting in a stooped posture with rounded shoulders. Women must be aware of these two problems of aging and take actions to prevent them. Chiropractic care can help boost bones, joint and muscle strength and vitality and improve posture. It can improve the wellbeing of women afflicted with osteoporosis. It can even delay the onslaught of this degenerative disease. Chiropractic can also improve overall health and mental sharpness by boosting the communication along the nervous system of your body.
- Headaches. Women may experience headaches during their menstrual periods and sometimes during pregnancy. In headaches, the blood vessels and nerves to the head are compromised resulting from the vertebral bones’ losing their normal alignment or motion. When these tissues are irritated or stretched, they can lead to headaches. Headaches are among the most common symptoms chiropractic helps alleviate or eliminate.
- Osteoarthritis. Many women often suffer from osteoarthritis, a degenerative disease of the joint. They also have a 200% to 300% greater chance of developing rheumatoid arthritis compared to men. Chiropractic therapy can help reduce inflammation, pain and may delay or prevent further deterioration of the joint by maintaining the body’s normal nerve function.
- Stressful life. Women who have stressful lives as well as those who are not physically fit need regular chiropractic care. Aside from employing spinal manipulation when necessary, chiropractic care also involves advice on nutrition and exercise as well as lifestyle suggestions to promote overall wellness.
The nervous system coordinates and controls the different functions of all your body systems and any disruption in the communication between the nerves and your body systems, organs and tissues will result to anomaly in any of these functions. Chiropractic care helps restore normal nerve communication and function, thereby bringing your body back to normal work and operation.
Chiropractic and women’s heath are a good match. Chiropractic care helps ensure health and wellness for women of all ages. It is well suited to bring relief to women who are in pain and have specific conditions that need special attention and natural care to bring their bodies back in line and enjoy a high quality of life. Nonetheless is always good for you to first consider some things before visiting a chiropractor.